Simple question regarding cooker hood.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radial circuit in the kitchen :

CU --> ..... --> socket --> socket --> fcu --> socket --> end

The switched 13a fcu currently feeds a 2.5kW oven via an outlet box behind the cooker. What I'd like to do is install a cooker hood - I'd like to run a cable from the SAME FCU straight up the wall behind the units, to another UNSWITCHED 3A FCU to feed the cooker hood.

Good, Bad or Ugly?

Sponsored Links
I have a radial circuit in the kitchen :

CU --> ..... --> socket --> socket --> fcu --> socket --> end

The switched 13a fcu currently feeds a 2.5kW oven via an outlet box behind the cooker. What I'd like to do is install a cooker hood - I'd like to run a cable from the SAME FCU straight up the wall behind the units, to another UNSWITCHED 3A FCU to feed the cooker hood.

Good, Bad or Ugly?

Permitted within the circuit topology for a radial.

But you already have 3 cables in that box, you may find it a tight fit to squeeze in a fourth.

Any concealed cable should be protected by an RCD under 17th Ed Regulations, unless it's a specified cable type.

This would be notifiable work if it's a kitchen under Part Pee.

Thanks. I assume I connect to the switched side of the 13a FCU, so I can isolate the hood from worktop level?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back