FCU on ring main - need to supply oven + hob ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 13 amp FCU on the ring main, however I need to connect a single electric oven and the ignition for a gas hob - and doh :oops: the supply was forgotten for that (won't happen again).

Initial thoughts

- run the oven of load side of 13amp FCU and then run a spur of the supply on the FCU to a socket/FCU for the 3amp ignition or maybe the other way around.

Has anybody got any other ways that it could be done, apart from extending the ring

Cheers

Flash

Sponsored Links
If you do it the other way around then the oven will be on a 3A fuse - not good.

1st way would work, or you could replace the FCU with a twin socket outlet.

Cheers ban-all-sheds - I should have stated that I the fuses would be changing accordingly. Just wondered if there was another way around it, as this way one FCU would be above worktop and the other one below.

How about changing the FCU to a 20A double-pole isolator switch above the counter feeding a double-gang socket below the counter?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back