Feather edge board fitting method

Thanks for the wealth of experience and tips, the jig is on my list of things to make. The final question, where can I find 40 or 50mm ring shank galv nails -preferably hot dipped???

Sponsored Links
Are sheradised nails okay for prolonged external use? As its a vapour deposition coating it puts less zinc on the steel than hot dipping.

I would say no to sheradised.

even with galvanised you will likely get rust on the head and iron staining (looks like slight black tear marks running from the nail).

You can see it happens on most fencing, because its fencing who cares, shouldnt really affect the overall life and performance of the fixing, mostly an asthetic concern.

Sponsored Links
Would it be possible to get a futher description on the jig? I, don't quite get the first explanation and ill be doing this over the weekend. It sounds like a very good way of making the fece look uniform. Cheers Chris :D

//media.diynot.com/191000_190689_77599_96601321_thumb.jpg

click on link to see a jig I made. Thank you Ban-All -Sheds & my wife.
Thanks to BAS for what? Doing a half arsed job as usual? If' he'd done a proper job your photy would have come out right!

I've got a question:
What size screws or nails should I use to fix the metal bracket to the arris rails.
I don't want them to go strait thru so was thinking 40mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back