fed up with gas fire - ooops back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello ever - ee body. just moved house and wanted a log burning 'real' fire. but the bloody central heating system has a back boiler in the living room. i get the feeling that i need a combi. or such to run the seven rads we have at the mo but it could be eight when we do the bathroom. any suggestions professionals?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Definitely not a plumbing professional but...

With many back boilers (eg the Baxi ones), the original fire front can be replaced, leaving the existing back-boiler portion in place. So, you might be able to at least get a "flame effect" front for it.

Nick.

Remove the firefront and chuck a few logs and coals in over the back boiler. Light them and hey presto, a real log fire!

Sponsored Links
ACOperson said:
Remove the firefront and chuck a few logs and coals in over the back boiler. Light them and hey presto, a real log fire!
your a real help...thanks - the fire brigade are on their way, i'll pass on your details.......

Nickthedentist said:
Definitely not a plumbing professional but...

With many back boilers (eg the Baxi ones), the original fire front can be replaced, leaving the existing back-boiler portion in place. So, you might be able to at least get a "flame effect" front for it.

Nick.
i konw - many people have said the same - but....real fire! come on.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back