Feed and expansion / vent pipe round the wrong way?

sounds like a bypass,leave alone you should be looking for a rad vent on a pipe or a brass cap

Sponsored Links
bripl said:
could be air/rubbish/debris.all high points should be vented try adding a gentle chemical cleaner and leave circulating then in the spring flush it out. this could cause other probs.you could try turning the pump down,again this may cause problems seek advice from someone who can see and hear the noises and give you advice it sounds like you need the advice of a competent pro which will cost good luck:cool:

Thanks for the advice, worst thing is I know a heating engineer but keeps telling me he's too busy etc and I'm a bit weary of who else to trust! is sentinal x400? ok to try it says it's non acidic, is that better/gentler on the system?

bripl said:
sounds like a bypass,leave alone you should be looking for a rad vent on a pipe or a brass cap

No, the only one I've found is about 9-10 inches above the boiler itself looks like a hex bolt with a hole in the middle, should one be fitted to the flow near the pump?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back