Feed to Garage

Okay, I was told it was 3 phase? It runs from a 13A plug atm in the garden.

I will go and have a proper look at it today.

Going to get some better pictures now, what do I need to get?

Sponsored Links
The capacitor is only switched in to start the motor. This allows an induction motor to work on a single phase supply. It doesnt make it 3 phase though.

Also, you may want to know. A modern pump for your typical garden swimming pool will use about 200 watts. So if yours really draws 4.2A continuous, you might want to think about a new one.

Ohh, that makes sense.

I'm not sure how much it actually draws, but on the motor it says 240v AC 4.2A. It is quite old, I will get a picture shortly.

Supply in

CU

The one labeled 'Spare' has a 32A B32 in it, the one to the far right labeled sockets is actually our whirlpool bath? Don't know why its labelled as sockets by thats by the by

Edit;

Label on Pool pump says under HP/KW : 1/0.75 which I assume means the motor is 1HP and draws 0.75KW or 750 watts

Sponsored Links
Just one thing to consider- looking at the picture of your cutout and main earth etc, That main bare earth which is plummed onto the lead looks quite small and also from experience that cutout will only have a maximum of a 60A fuse inside. I'd mention this to the sparky and possible get the DNO out to change the cutout to a new 100A one with a new 16mm main earth connection (if the EFLI test turns out to be below .80 ohms). Shouldn't cost anything either

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back