Feeding wire to spur socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to install a socket under my desk ,the desk has an old rad at the back which is no longer used and built in shelving on top of the desk. On top of that is the double socket I want to spur off of. The top socket is fed through the gap behind the old rad, I have made a new hole in the pattress box to feed a new length of 2.5mm t&e down to feed the spur, although it only goes down so far then stops. The hole is too narrow and there is limited space to guide it down using fishtape. I'm not sure if it's hitting something at the back or what's going on as the rad is in the way to see anything, I'm not sure if I would be better to remove the top pattress box, although I don't think it's that which is stopping the cable going all the way down. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Small chain on a piece of string to use as a draw wire?

Don't know if we like cables going behind radiators, working or otherwise, but there you go.

Sponsored Links
Small chain on a piece of string to use as a draw wire?

Don't know if we like cables going behind radiators, working or otherwise, but there you go.
I know it's not ideal, however the cable has been there years to my knowledge, even when the radiator was used and I don't think any harm has come to it.
Remove the old radiator.

It's out the question unfortunately, as the desk is large and would need dismantling plus it's screwed to the wall.

After much fiddling I attached some earth sleeving to the end with some insulation tape and managed to pull it down. I had to go in closer to the right side and draw it across, think it was hitting a fixing for the shelf or rad bracket. Thank you .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back