Feeds for External Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install 2 outside taps and wondered if the below is an acceptable way to go about it.

I have 32mm MDPE pipe coming into the garage from the road installed last year. I have yet to cast the slab in this area of the garage. The plan was to come off the 32mm in 20mm MDPE down into the ground and around to the 2 external tap locations. I want to avoid as much digging as possible and wondered if i lay it 200mm below the current sub base level so it will eventually be circa 300mm below finish level is that acceptable. I appreciate this will potentially leave it exposed to potential freezing for limited periods in the winter (when the pipe wont be being used).

Is there any point in lagging the pipe and can ordinary pipe insulation be used below ground if so?

Do you normally bring the MDPE pipe up the wall to the tap? I cant locate a 20mmx20mmx15mm T which i am surprised at as i would have thought the branch up tot he tap would normally be done in copper?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back