Felt as flashing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Currently Iam doing a small project on the house,Iam putting a roof over my side passage with plastic corrugated sheeting. due to the house being not parallel to the adjacent fence and changing direction twice I need to create a small 'flat roof' felted area to keep the distance constant down the length of the new roof (hope you follow)

For half of the length of the roof though I need to flash it to the house (the other half I have tucked the felt under the fascia board),my question is, can I cut a chase in the brickwork and tuck in felt then repoint rather than buying a load of lead flashing? It will probably be a 2 metre length and being the side passage of the shed doesn't receive much direct rain.

Any opinions welcome

Phil

Sponsored Links
I havent any pics as havent put the next bit up yet, just want to know if i can use felt as a flashing. Will double up the felt so its 2 layers tucked into the brick

Sponsored Links
The first layer should be stuck to the wall but stop short of your raggle. The top layer goes into the raggle. Try to cut the raggle slightly upwards into the wall rather than straight in or downwards.

If it's roughcast you're supposed to remove it below your raggle so you have a flat surface to felt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back