Felt flashing and stonework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a lean-to workshop against a neighbour's house, which is made of stone.

The old felt roof has gone and needs repairing - and leaked a lot with the join to the stonework.

Any suggestions as how best to attach the felt to my neighbours stonework. It is soft irregular stone, not regular brickwork, but cutting a slot in his house won't make me popular!

Not sure if gluing felt to stonework would work? The previous solution was to make a mortar flashing which didn't work so well.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Thanks! Looks quite a good idea. Does rely on having a nice flat brickwork like wall to attach to - rather than a stone wall, but might work better than my current solution (lots of sealant).

Sponsored Links
If you get the GRP one and use more fixings, it will follow the contour of the stone. A bead on the back then another in the rebate once fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back