felt over bricks/flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I went around the back of the house the other day I noticed all this felt hanging off the bricks. I don't know the history of this and if it was put there to fix another problem. In the short term, what's the best thing to reattach it to the brickwork?

Any thoughts why it might have been put there, it looks like its mortered on the top 'step' which seems more that just patching something up?
flashing.png

Sponsored Links
It really needs to be removed and the chimney repointed as it was obviously a sticking plaster to stop it leaking at some point in the past. The bricks and mortar that are visible do not actually look all that bad so may not be too bad a job once you uncover it all.

I don't even know what this structure was meant to be - its just a double brick wall and not a chimney. The roof closer to the camera is on an extension to the original building so I dont know if the steps are original or added as something for the additional roof to butt up to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back