Roof felt adhesive alternatives for small patch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My flat roof has a crack in the felt. Previously I have patched the roof with a piece of felt and stuck it on with felt adhesive. To do the job I need to buy more felt adhesive but most places do not sell it in smaller quantities, only large tins for £25. As the patch is only 30 cm by 6 cm are there any cheaper alternatives I could use to fix the patch to the roof.

I am in the process of applying flexacryl to the whole roof as I am not certain where the leak is but am looking for any obivious water access points and want to patch repair before redoing the flexacryl over that part. I have done this previously and it solved the problem for 5 years.

£25 is rather expensive to do one small patch repair. What could I use instead of felt adhesive please. I thougth about applying roof and guter sealant to the patch as an adhesive or buying flash banding and sticking it over the crack and then in either case apply the flexacryl on top. Would either of these ideas work successfully. Or can someone recommend an alternative.

I am not really a DIYer just someone who needs for seal a roof for this winter in the hope it will last a few more years. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back