Felt quality quality

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am due to have my garage flat roof replaced soon, I have an excellent quote from the roofer who did a good job on another property a few years ago for me.

I seem to be getting "mates rates" on the job as far as I can tell, could someone please tell me the various qualities of material involved.

I understand the boarding used is now of a compressed water resiatant type and also I need to know the guage or thickness of the different layers of felt to be used...is 3 layers correct?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Thaks very much for your help, I tried the link, but it didn't seem to work and checking all of the info on the FRA site, I got the impression i would need to join up to receive guidance on compatible specifications.

i don't know what your fussing about. happy with quote + happy with workmanship = satisfied customer. :rolleyes:

i would insist though that the lowest grade decking used is o.s.b.
for heavens sake do not let him install chipboard as it ends up like soggy weetabix if it gets wet.

Sponsored Links
Agree, wouldn't let chipboard be used, I am happy with the quote over the phone.
I asked the guy to visit site before the work is done, I wanted to check if I should be using say 25kg felt when he supplies 20kg...I could then pay the extra ££ for better quality........that way we are all happy ? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back