What's the best torch-on felt available?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im about to re-roof my flat roofed extension, the joists are all fine but im replacing the deck with 18mm WBP,my question is what is the best quality 3 layer torch-on felt on the market as i don't want to re-roof in again for many,MANY years.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,
The best torch on membranes are Bauder K5K capping sheet (mineral) and Bauder G4E underlayer, lifespan of over 45 years I believe witha 20 year guarantee. Expensive but first class.

Bauder Ltd

Regards,

Correct, Bauder is the ultimate felt....but, not available for public, or non approved installers to purchase, keeps the riff raff from giving it a bad name:cool:

If you are going to walk into a roofing stockist, ask for Marley Goldseal. SIG group will hold it. You only need a 2 layer system, unless insulating when you will require an alucored vapour control layer.

You can buy the best felt in the world, but if its not installed correctly, its a waste of money.

I started installing Bauder over 25 years ago, and i've never heard of it failing, Germany have some 40 year old Bauder roofs still going strong.

Hi Xenon, what contractor do you work for ? I worked for Bauder Ltd for many years at their head office.

Their systems have always been top of the range.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Breyer, was up your way the other day for a hot melt demo.

Ok, Breyer are their biggest customer !!

Im not convinced on the hot melt type systems. They can be good where awkward detailing is conerned, apart from that I'd stick with torch applied membranes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back