Felt roof on a shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Some years ago, I bought a shed, and when they got it off the lorry, they said they hadn't got time to add the roofing felt, and left a roll, and some tacks for me to do it.
I contacted the company and they gave me some money back, not too bad.

I added the felt, and didn't really notice that it is basically brown paper with dust on it.

A year or so ago, it started leaking, so after patching it a bit, I bought some expensive fibrous tar, and slapped it on. Anyway!, It's leaking again, so I have to re-felt it.

What's a good felt to buy, and where from, please?
Cheers, Camerart.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you might have been given underfelt, any of the diy sheds stock a green shed quality roof felt .

go for the roll you can hardly lift up as it will cost about 2 times the price last 5 times longer than the cheap carp

Sponsored Links
go for the roll you can hardly lift up as it will cost about 2 times the price last 5 times longer than the cheap carp
Hi B,
Understood!
I once made a lead covered roof and used Code 5, which as you know is HEAVY.
C

Sounds like you might have been given underfelt, any of the diy sheds stock a green shed quality roof felt .
Hi F,
Having previously, laid underfelt, and tiles, and fitted roof felt to a shed before, I'm embarrassed that now I look at it, I think it is underfelt.#
C

Hi B,
What's the point of asking for advice here, then ignoring it?
I bought the one I could easily lift, for half the price, and now regret it.
It's on the roof, but I wish I'd bought the heavy, and adhesive.
I've done DIY on 'everything' all of my life and now got to the stage where I shouldn't be getting on shed roofs, or making decisions, anyway, it's done. Back in two years :)
Thanks.
C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back