Fence post against house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am just getting ready to build a boundary fence. One end will run up to the house so want to get it snug against wall to keep dog in etc.

I am nervous about drilling into the house incase I crack the harling and wondered if this was essential!

Is it ok to just have the last post a foot or so out from house, concreted into ground, and run the rails past this up to the house?

Or am I worrying too much and should just try and attached a 50 x 100 to the house to attach the rails to that?

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can drill into the house. If you want it really easy, start with a small bit and go 2mm bigger each step. A normal hammer drill will work and no need for SDS. To stop the bit wandering at the beginning, drill a hole through the batten and get someone to hold the batten steady while you drill the starting hole into the wall, using the batten as a jig. The cost will be lots of drill bits that are useful to have anyway. Using a batten on the wall makes the fence a lot stronger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back