1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Fence Post Repair/Replacement

Discussion in 'In the Garden' started by steveo44, 10 Aug 2019.

1. steveo44

steveo44

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all

I’m looking for advice on how to repair or replace the two broken fence posts as shown in the attached photo. I have previously replaced posts for standard 6x6 fencing but this fence is much larger and the posts much bigger.
    Ideally I would like a contractor to do the job but it seems fencing repair contractors in the East Midlands area are very hard to find or they are just not interested. If anyone can recommend a fencing contractor in the LE7 area of Leicestershire it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. blup

blup

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You could try a fence spur, bolting it to the wooden post and setting in postcrete or similar product. You would need to chop out any concrete anchoring the existing post though, so a fair amount of physical effort if your not used to it.

Or you could look in the small ads section of the local paper for someone prepared to do what would be regarded as a small job by the more established fencing contractors. Be prepared to spend several hundred pounds for it.

Blup

4. steveo44

steveo44

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    More than happy to pay just nobody seems to want the job. Very few fencing contractors around it seems.

5. scbk

scbk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm sure there must be plenty of fencers/landscapers/general builders/handymen who would do it. The problem is the perception that joe public wont want to pay decent money for fiddly wee jobs.

See if you can get a recommendation from a friend/neighbour of someone they've used recently, and name drop them when you call the tradesperson

6. blup

blup

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Some tree firms offer fencing services, it might be worth asking.

Blup

7. Sponsored Links
  8. Mojo12345

Mojo12345

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    George walker fencing in syston in think Matt supply fencing but I think they also install them aswell

9. Tigercubrider

Tigercubrider

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    a handy man/gardner might take it on?
    But it's probably a day's work as the job won't leave much time left

10. steveo44

steveo44

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Lol got a fencing contractor around in the end. Took him and two mates a little over 1.5 hours £290. All in all I’m happy as the job is done.

11. Keithmac

Keithmac

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I did nigh on 40 posts in our back garden, glad I didn't pay to have it done would have been bankrupt..

12. steveo44

steveo44

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah thought it was a little pricey but I was desperate to get it done before winter. 2 grandfather posts + two new 6x6 panels £290

• Like Like x 2
  13. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links