Fence problem neighbours?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ho quick question, new development went up behind me a bit close so i applied and got permission to put 8ft close board fence up. I had it dipped in golden brown coz i like that. However i presume this fence is mine as the T on the plans is my side. New neighbour has painted there side blue without asking its all bled through the gaps my side made a right mess! Surely the developer should have put them a fence up or can people just do this?? It was just annold orchard behind us originalky cheers

Sponsored Links
if its your fence on your land then no one can touch it
this includes painting or hanging things from it without your permission
being a good neigbour off course may mean a compromise
remember you have to live with these people

Regardless of T marks, it's your fence because you paid for it and erected it. Nobody is permitted to fix anything to it or paint it. The neighbour is responsible for putting right any damage they cause to it (including blue paint). Sounds like the makings of an awkward dispute though.

OOI, which side did you put the arris rails, and which the fair face?

Sponsored Links
Neither does it make any difference to the colour of the sky or the day of the week. Nobody has said it did.

However it can make a difference to the new neighbour's perception.

Neither does it make any difference to the colour of the sky or the day of the week. Nobody has said it did.

However it can make a difference to the new neighbour's perception.
True; if they moved into a new build they might have thought the fence was theirs. Or the information given to them might be wrong. Or they didn't bother to find out, or just assumed they could paint it.

The arris rails and posts with the concrete spurs are my side, thanks for ur replies, if u ever need any gas advice give me a shout

I think they have made a careless assumption. Some people think they can do what they like with a fence, but a more experienced homeowner would have taken the way your fence is faced, with the arris rails to your side, as at least an indication.

BTW a jet washer will take fence stain off, and clean off those unsightly blue dribbles. though it does leave the grain rather raised, at least you will be able to make it look better. You are going to have to have a word with your new neighbour, though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back