Fence

Roots will hold the earth together, lots of hawthorns ... 75 x Hawthorn Trees Seedlings Sapling 20-40cm Hedge Hedging £120
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233582373013?hash=item3662982895:g:RrwAAOSw7CBdDLNJ

Plant about 20cm from the boundary and it will eventually spread into the no-mans land he has created, and hide his crap and make it hard for him to access it without get scratched :)
Or pyracantha, aka firethorn - grows quickly and is really vicious. Lots of bright berries which birds like too.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
he put fence up several feet from his boundary
Several inches, surely?

dsc_0201-jpg.232529

Do you have children? Those wires could be a hazard, might want to trim back any loose ends.

Did somebody from the council come around yet?

Yep you are right,the planning officer said they can't do anything about this so I'm having to pay for my own fence!

Sponsored Links
or just make it impossible for him to use that space with a prickly hedge.

have you got a photo of the panel that he has left for access to your side? Maybe just put something in front of that, like a big trellis planter, so he can't step onto your property or see your garden if he opens that access.

have you got a photo of the panel that he has left for access to your side? Maybe just put something in front of that, like a big trellis planter, so he can't step onto your property or see your garden if he opens that access.

If those posts and wire are on the actual boundary, then he cannot lift a panel and come through without trespassing onto your property. I assume he slides the panel up to gain access? He will not be able to do that quite so easily once the weather swells the panels up, they will jam in place. Personally, I would just let things lie and see how things develop. If his soil is 'several feet higher' than your side, it will be against the fence and will cause it to be permanently wet and it will rot.

There is a lot of merit to the suggestions to plant along that border something vicious, to deter him entering your garden. The roots will spread and help bind that loose soil by the fence.

Does he have right of way across your property, I have come across this problem several times , selfish neighbours leave the gate open, or have poor catches on the gates this causes further problems with neighbours with small children playing in the garden

Photinia red robin are great shrubs which grow quickly and would transform that area in front of the fence.

Those panels are held in with fence clips. I would whack some screws in on your side so they cant be lifted and grow a prickly hedge so he cant get past. :D:D

The OP can't touch or fit anything to the property of the neighbour.

If the neighbour is the type of person that does what he has done, then he certainly wont stand for any trespass or tampering with either of his fences.

I second (fifth) the hedge, it'll give you your privacy back and as a bonus it'll make his sillyness with the fence harder to mess with.

If you were willing to really invest time then a nice leylandi hedge, allowed to grow out and then cut back heavily to expose the brown horrible dead stuff facing his side would be a wonderful touch. Probably more trouble than its worth keeping it trimmed so it's nice on your side, but that's life.

If you were willing to really invest time then a nice leylandi hedge, allowed to grow out and then cut back heavily to expose the brown horrible dead stuff facing his side would be a wonderful touch. Probably more trouble than its worth keeping it trimmed so it's nice on your side, but that's life.
Didnt they bring in some new regulations about Leylandii a few years ago?

Its a nice idea, but it would eat into Julias garden - she would have to leave enough space on her land to be able to access the back of the hedge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back