Fencing - Concrete gravel boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I wonder if anyone can help with a conundrum. I am putting up new fencing using existing straight concrete posts. The width between the posts varies from 308cms to 315cms. A section of the fence was replaced by the Thames Water as they own a water station behind it. I need to replace the four adjacent panels.

The problem is, I believe, you can not get 15cms high concrete gravel boards longer than 3 meters. How Thames Water have got round this is put a circa 2.9m board in then a small piece to get up to the 3.1m length. This is fine and there are cleats each end holding the boards in place but there is nothing joining the two boards. This means over time the long gravel board could sink. Is there anyway of joining the concrete gravel boards?

If not I was thinking of making a concrete platform where they join to limit the possibility of movement in the future.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I guess that if you are buying concrete gravel boards to cut, you may have enough offcuts to shove one under the join? Then a bit of concrete either side. (Under the soil if slightly buried)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back