Fencing problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have concrete fence posts with 6x6 panels.

We have to replace two of them where there are thick tree branches preventing the insertion of 6x6.

Would it work to slide two 3foot high by 6foot wide panels down the grooves instead of one big 6x6?

Advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You could insert two panels, but where they join in the centre would need reinforcing with other timber pieces, one each side.....just for strength and to keep them straight. Another piece of timber connecting the tops could also help.
John :)

Thanks for this reply John - put my mind at rest - off the Homebase now!

I'm surely not someone well-rounded about carpentry, but I’m interested to know how you managed this task. Because, if I you ask me, I'd immediately hire a professional for fast and instant solution.

Sponsored Links
The tree branch was far too thick and high for my 74 year old husband to saw down.
We solved the problem by buying TWO 3' high fence panels which we could manage to lift and slot into the concrete posts. These are now more rigid than 6' high panels as they have the extra supports in the middle.

My husband place the rounded end of the first one at the bottom and of the second one at the top so the two middle ones lay flat against each other.

Its worked beautifully although a bit more expensive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back