FENSA and MTC card test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone,
i have just started my own small business as a double glazing installers, can i get information about FENSA how do i become fensa registered installer and do i have to sit in a test for that?i need pay as you go route.thanks
The other qeustion is MTC....:confused:
Any training i need?
is it hard to pass?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hello gazman,thanks for your reply.I have been fitting windows from last 5 years approx ,have knowledge where we need fire escape windows ,toughened glass,airvents,safety restricter hinges etc.i have received application FORM from FENSA but its too complicated to fill:(.

Can you scan it or post a link to the form?
It was about 8 years ago that I started up on my own so I can really remember what they wanted.
Off the top of my head they want things like:
A copy of your contract with terms & conditions including a 7 day cooling off period. For this I "borrowed" and scanned one from my old boss and then edited it with Paint (the computer program not actual paint!).
Your Public Liability insurance. I think its £2million minimum but if you want to work on large sites go for 5M cover.

You may be better off just getting building control to sign your jobs off for the first year anyway to see how it gos. This is what I did.

Sponsored Links
I will send you a copy of form by today sometime.shall i email you if its ok? i do have £2m public liability insurance but do not have copy of contract,can i find somewhere online (sample)?
Who to contact to sign my jobs off ... local council? sorry i am asking too many things...:( i am on me own and do not know where to ask all these qeustions.:)

If you have any friends still working at your old company ask them if they can borrow or scan a contract for you. Otherwise you will have to make your own or pay someone to make one for you.
Yes look up your local council building inspector.
Thinking about it back when I joined FENSA I think they wanted to see one years worth of businesses accounts before I joined and thats one of the reasons I started off with having the council sign jobs off.

some people asking me FENSA certificate:cautious:, getting job checked and signed off by local building inspector..do people accept instead FENSA.

As I said you may have too as I think FENSA may want a years business records before you can join?
You can make it a bit of a selling point that every one of your jobs will be inspected where as a FENSA company only have 2% of their jobs inspected.

cheers thanks a lot for all your important information.much apperciated:)(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back