Fer Falcon combi boiler - advice needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Fer Falcon combi boiler and we have a problem with our central heating and hot water. When central heating is selected the boiler will run for approximately 1 minute and then shuts off to standby position. Also when the hot water tap is turned on, we get warm water but with very little flow. The instructions and troubleshooting in the booklet we were supplied with from Fer Falcon are very little help and complicated. We have tried to ring Fer Falcon on the telephone number printed on the booklet but this number is no longer available. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA Anais

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if you may have two faults!

You really do need a competent boiler engineer who can identify the faults, may be faulty pcb together with a hydraulic fault. Merely replacing the pcb is not sufficient as the gas setup has to be gone through properly and few engineers seem to be capable of doing this.

Tony

Sponsored Links
hiya bro

i was called out to repair a fer falcon today. the problem was fairly complex. low flow on the DHW cicuit, boiler going into lockout for no reason after the hot water demand stopped. even the heating was playing up by turning off on its own and the boiler going into a lock out. but then during my checks, the boler started acting fine. very mind boggling.

i fixed it in the end. opened the pcb box. removed the ignition pcb. found a resistor loose as the solder had come off. soldered it back on carefully. put the boiler back together and guess what.. had a liftoff.

must tell you . this was a hard one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back