Fernox ds40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A Vaillant engineer has diagnosed the cause of my boiler noise to be the heat exchanger, which is what I suspected. They have taken a water sample and Fernox report says I need to first clean the system with Fernox F3 cleaner, then clean the boiler and 1 rad only with Fernox DS40, then treat the system with Fernox F1. They are happy for me to do this as long as I have proof, receipts, empty containers, they will then replace my hx. I'm quite capable of carrying this out but not sure if DS40 is compatible with my heating system?
I have a 180l flowmax thermal store on my first floor, water circulated via a pump to my boiler on the ground floor and returned to storage where it is also used to heat radiators via a second circulation pump when required. I have mains pressure hot water heated via a coil inside the thermal store, open vented system.
I've attached an image of my exact set up, no other f&e tanks or header tanks anywhere.
20200128_183413.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back