using fernox ds40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

im intending to use some fernox ds40 in my system

I have about 18 radiators so intend to use 2 tubs of the following

http://www.fernox.com/?cccpage=DS40&sub=2

I have a single pipe system, boiler is about 4 years old cylinder about 3, and pipe work is probably from early 80s. its a sealed unvented system

the water from rads is usually jet black so am doing this to clean the system,

Im going to dilute the ds40 in buckets then pour down one of my rads from upstairs, whilst following the instructions.

Is this ok to do, does anyone see any problems with this or can they recommend a better product?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
It's not a precise business. You pays your money....

Best of luck. Expect to have to replace some weepy rad valves, and don't use cheap rubbishy ones. If you have badly rusted rads, they might perforate so only the paint's holding the water in.

Kamco Hyperflush, left in for a while, is a gentler approach, as would be Sentinel X400 or Fernox HD Restorer.
Sentinel X800 is another you don't need to neutralise, and a bit quicker than those just mentioned.

You'll need to do more than just drain through a sad little drain cock to get the dirt out. See the Kamco site.

You should be able to hire a power flushing machine for £50 up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back