Fernox MB1 or F1 - What's the difference ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could anybody tell me please what is the difference between these two products ? I'm going to run my system for a week or so with F3 Cleanser to get rid of any of the soldering residues and then flush, drain and refill with one of these inhibitors but I can't seem to see if there is any difference between the two.

If anybody could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. TIA

Sponsored Links
MB1 comes in 4Ltr pack to dose a typical 3 bed house, F1 is sold in 500ml to do the same job i'd go for F1 if only cos it is easirer to get in especially on sealed systems ;)

Thanks Boilerman, I'll go for the F1 then. I only have a 2-up 2-down terrace with 6 rads anyway so 500ml should be easily enough if it's normally OK for a 3-bed semi.

Sponsored Links
Drain and refill the system as many times as it takes to get the water clean; no point treating it with cleaner if you don't get all the crap out. Run the system for 5 minutes every time you fill it to make sure there are no pockets where the dirty water just stays put.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back