Fernox TF-1: leaking at drain valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My TF1 is leaking and upon inspection it appeared to be coming from where the metal drain valve screws onto the plastic body. There's somewhere to place a spanner, so I decided to tighten it a little, but it still leaked. So I decided to remove it, clean and check for possibe causes.

After :oops: I did this, I went online and found the instructions and discovered this rather worrying sentence, 'Drain valve. Factory fitted do not remove' Doh!

Anyway, it's done. So I'm thinking a bit of PTFE tape and screw it back on, hoping for the best? Or do you think it's now goosed and will need replacing?

Sponsored Links
Plastic and metal threaded together is not a good mix!

Yeah a bit of PTFE might do it but not too much as it might split the plastic

In my expirience these filters leak more than any other I've seen. even from new. How old is it? get on Twitter, Fernox have a twitter page and ask them if its still under warranty etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back