Fernox TF1 Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just taken delivery of a Fernox TF1 filter. The cyclone part etc seem to be the part however the isolating valves are reduced bore not full flow. Seems a shame after planning a system to flow as efficiently as possible only to have a bottleneck at the filter!
Firstly could someone confirm the valve end sizes (22mm x 1" bsp?)
I had a quick look online for replacements in full flow with no success. Anyone know where I might get a couple (would prefer ball valves if possible)
Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
Doubt if it will make much difference if any ??

some types of pump valves are not full bore !

Hi Transam,
the valves reduce down to about 14mm dia. That would be like having a piece of 15mm with reducers soldered into a 22mm header(twice) The filter itself will create resistance so I would like to reduce the overall as much as possible.
Yes I am probably being pedantic but for the cost of a couple of valves I would like to change it.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I have been looking at 1"fem x 22mm adaptors with the idea of using separate 22mm valves, but all the adaptors seem to be solid (they don't have the loose backnut like the fernox valve) Is there a specific name for the type of fitting with the loose backnut so I can do a search?
I would prefer this design rather than the solid fitting as it means if I need to remove the filter I don't have to stretch the pipes out of the 22mm side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back