Do Isolation valves restrict flow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have fitted good quality, but standard bore Isolation valves underneath all of my taps and near all appliances and shower etc.

But I didn't realise at the time that Isolation valves tend to have a bore of less than the 15mm pipe they are connected to.

For areas that need maximum flow such as the bath and shower, is it worth me going to the trouble of replacing be current valves with better quality full bore valves?

This is possible, but it will be a ball ache of a job in some areas.

Is it worth it? Or what is the bore for my current 'standard' 15mm Isolation valves?

Same goes for those flexible hoses. Is it possible to get hoses with a full 15mm of bore?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Depends what you are connecting them to, washing machines and dish washers are fine, taps I connect full bore valves

And depends on the pressure and flowrates required...my home has a 1/2" stopcock and 10 meters of 1/2" copper service but I still get 40 litres/min flowrate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back