Flow Improvement with full Bore Isolator Valves ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would there be a noticeable difference in the performance of a shower if I replaced the standard isolating valves on the feeds with full bore valves ?

Sponsored Links
What shower do you have? power, electric, mixer etc.. Is it being fed from a combi, kw of the electric shower, what kw is the boiler? Flow rate from hot water storage tank? A few variables to decipher before it can be answered. It probably will be unlikely to alter the performance to any noticeable degree. Also 15mm or 22mm? And are you sure you don't have full bore ones already (some can look very similar to each other). Also what's the pressure/flow rate like for your cold feed?

Thanks Omega.

I didn't think it would make a lot of difference either given its a thermostatic mixer fed by 15mm from a system boiler via an unvented cylinder. Current shower performs fine as its under decent pressure already given the setup. The pipes are inside a wardrobe next to the shower room and I'm changing a few things in there and was considering changing the valves, which are standard, whilst I'm there but its not critical.

If it's a mains pressure system then increase wouldn't be significant I wouldn't think but if it's easy to swap then it wouldn't hurt to move to full bore lever valves, less likely to leak.

Sponsored Links
They're both in the open in the built in wardrobe so very easy to get at and I have a couple of unused ones.... so......... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back