Ferroli 901 leaking water from bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Ferroli 901 boiler which I had serviced around 3 months ago. I have noticed recently that quite large amounts of cold water leak from the underside (there is a small hole at the bottom and this is where the water comes out )and was wondering if anyone knew what this could be?

I haven't had the covers off as I don't really know my way around the boiler...

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas and sorry if the above is a bit vague!

Sponsored Links
you will have to take cover off to see exactly where water is coming from

I will try to do this not sure exactly what im looking for possibly a leaking valve etc....might have to wait till the weekend but thanks very much for your prompt response.

I have spent a bit on this boiler already due to a PCB fault, so hopefully its something simple.

Cheers again

I am guessing that your boiler is the high power version of the 701 and if so then its getting a bit long in the tooth!

See if the system pressure is going down with this leak. If so then it will be system water and does need to be dealt with fairly quickly.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have had to top up a few times recently as it has gone below 1 bar..... is this something serious and expnsive? Or simple? Thanks

That implies its system water leaking.

We would fix simple leaks within our fixed price diagnostic charge.

A leak can be a very simple problem or a very expensive one!

Tony

I have someone coming round Saturday morning to give me his opinion and am hoping its just a seal etc...think will be able to limp on until then and hope to get it sorted out.

Lots of water came out during the night...

Thanks for everyone who gave their input I will advise back when I find a solution

im not in the plumbing game so hope I'm not going to have to fork out alot....do you have any experience on Ferroli boilers are they any good? This was in the flat when I bought it

I am guessing that your boiler is the high power version of the 701 and if so then its getting a bit long in the tooth!

They were not bad in their day but if anything major went wrong it would be a good opportunity to replace it.

Whilst leaks look serious to the owner, most are relatively minor to a boiler engineer. But it all depends on exactly what is leaking.

Tony

I bought my flat last year and the boiler worked ok but stopped working a few months back. I paid for a new PCB which for these boilers are over £200 just for the part and the boiler has worked ok but while it is still working I am considering getting a new one. I'm not sure of the age of the unit but the manual and brochure that came with it are very 'old school'

Does anyone know if British Gas are any good for booking a quote for a new condesning boiler or if you would recommend somebody else?

My bills are not too bad but thinking longer term a new unit would add a bit of extra value to the property given that 'going green' is the big thing at the min, plus if things are going to start going worng then I dont want to be bleeding cash here and there on it.

The optimas are ok, pcb and sensors usually.

Bg are good for a quote as are all the nationals for a price at the higher end, but get another couple aswell, independants or local firms before you make any decision.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back