ferroli modena 80e fan speed

One simple test any RGI can do is to measure the pressure presented by the venturi and compare it with the rated value of the safety device.

Tony
many thanks for the information i will pass it on
kind regards neil

Sponsored Links
the venturi should be white it is in two parts one is a double funnel the other is a staight with a hole drilled in the end,venturis are three coloured on these grey/white/red
grey are the originals[crap]
red were used to replace them
white were the latest design about five year ago,i could never find the difference visually,all i know is they worked and lasted longer than the others
prt no 39809790.
thanks for the information greatly recived i will pass it on

kind regards neil

i can understand your reluctancy to give out any information that could result in injury or fatality , but on occations you will come accross some one who understands certain systems and terminology with out being in the industry , they should all not be treated with suspcion there is a fine line between life and death , poining a loaded gun,sniffing glue,drinking to much booze , playing with boilers , i know where that fine line is . i have no interest in getting into a sledging match i am inerested in getting information to help dignose my boiler fault,that is all

Kind regards Neil

What fault would make a fan continue to run?

Dont you think that the PCB controls when the fan runs?
Eh?A blocked or broken venturi,maybe a fault on the air pressure switch,a bit of rain water in the air tubes.Does the thermistors and the limit stat not also control the when the fan runs?
If the fan is running and the boiler fails to get to the ignition stage then what on the board tells the fan to shut down?

Sponsored Links
The boiler senses a demand for heat and that starts the pump and then initiates the ignition sequence starting with the fan.

The ignition sequence ceases when the demand for heat is removed and in most cases the fan stops immediately although the pump over runs to remove heat from th boiler.

Tony

i can understand your reluctancy to give out any information that could result in injury or fatality ,

Kind regards Neil

In some cases the OP does seem to have some common sense and technical ability.

But we cannot give detailed instructions on DIY gas work on an open forum because anyone can read it and many with inadequate skills will be encouraged to have a go.

So the site makes a firm rule that no gas advice is to be given. My view is that in this thread the details written over step the site rules.

A gas engineer will ( usually ) be equipped with three items an average DIYer will not posess, a manometer, a flue gas analyser and an electronic gas leak detector.

Tony

Usually the fan on these things, is it loose where the pipe connects onto the fan?, the plastic connector on the venturii usually deteriorates from the heat over time.

i can understand your reluctancy to give out any information that could result in injury or fatality ,

Kind regards Neil
Hi All, many thanks for the information supplied by your selves , most of the suggestions have been carried out by my engineers before joining this forum, my engineer will contact Bingo Bongo by phone today , Bingo Bongo will before giving out any information satisfy himself that the person on the other end of the phone is not me and a genuine bonafidy RGI , hopefully they will have a meaningful conversation and come to a stifactuary conclusion about my boiler , if this is the case then his approach to my situation should be looked at carefully and adopted more often a donation button for the upkeep of the forum would be a good way to thank people for the efforts they go to to help fault find, if the information published on this forum is so sensitive why is it not RGI members only , I agree the information supplied even at the level it is would entice the DIY’r have a go so it would be safer to supply all the information for DIY’r to finish the job ,not guess half way through or give no information at all
Kind regards Neil :idea:

In some cases the OP does seem to have some common sense and technical ability.

But we cannot give detailed instructions on DIY gas work on an open forum because anyone can read it and many with inadequate skills will be encouraged to have a go.

So the site makes a firm rule that no gas advice is to be given. My view is that in this thread the details written over step the site rules.

A gas engineer will ( usually ) be equipped with three items an average DIYer will not posess, a manometer, a flue gas analyser and an electronic gas leak detector.

Tony

The boiler senses a demand for heat and that starts the pump and then initiates the ignition sequence starting with the fan.

The ignition sequence ceases when the demand for heat is removed and in most cases the fan stops immediately although the pump over runs to remove heat from th boiler.

Tony
At what point is the demand for heat removed when the boiler does not fire in the first place?
I always thought that the ignition sequences starts when power is sent to the aps to prove it is in open position.
I have worked on many Modena's and honest,i'am not just guessing.
Not all boilers operate in the same sequence,especially one's with bi thermal heat exchangers.

Hi BingoBongo many thanks for taking the time to speek to my RGI you are very helpfull , cheers and kind regards Neil

richardhoneybucket ww2 ha ha ha ha , lol lol lol lol ;) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hi All, sorry for not updating my post ….i still laugh at richardhoneybuckets’s stupidity …..anyway to all the engineers who would like to add a bit more knowledge to their learning curve I will give you my (my gas engineers diagnosis) …..for those not interested please look away
For those with a bit of electrical knowledge you will know that the varnish on the coil that powers the fan will over time degrade thus causing a mild short of the coil (loose windings where the wire contact each other due to varnish degradation)
The fan could not run at full speed due to low resistance ….slow speed= less vacuum across the venture…less vacuum= not enough pressure to hold the A/P
Now I will not give you the figure required across the coil just in case some naughty corgi man opens the boiler and electrocutes himself
Na ….optimal resistance of the fan coil 65 ohms …mine 44 ohms
Sorry for the sarcasm ….but some people just pi** you off
Snorky ;)

That does not say much for your alleged CORGI engineer.

Measuring the fan coil resistance is an easy test which he should have made. More often 42 ohms anyway.

So is measuring the output pressure from the fan.

So is measuring the speed of the fan! Few do that!

So all that proves your alleged CORGI is a complete nupty. I hope you did not pay for parts he fitted which were not the cause of the fault!

Tony

Hmm …let me go back over you posts to me…..Oh yes I missed where you suggested that NOT!
Plenty of work on…………….lol
I think you mean Gas SAFE ….NUMPTY!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back