Ferroli Optimax HE 31S Works then Stops flaming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ferroli Optimax HE 31S boiler if I turn it off and on at the wall it will work fine for say 8 hours. If the timer turns off over night then in the morning the system detects that heat is required, the pump starts, the fan starts but there is no flame. The system just pumps the cool water around the system. There is no fault code. If I then turn it off and on at the wall it seems to work fine.

Sponsored Links
So turned it off/on at about 2:30 pm seemed to work ok until about 6:30pm but has not stop working again. It is pumping water but not heating presumably a reboot will fix the issue for another few hours.

Not what you want to hear, but terribly unreliable boilers, you would be advised to employ an experienced gas engineer, not a lot you can do DIY on this

Thanks for help. No I will not mess with it. I have had a gas engineer out he suggested it was probably the electronic board playing up. I am really look to hear if anyone has experienced this and has any idea how to remedy it in case it is something else. As the boiler is oldish it will probably have to be replaced.

Sponsored Links
when you say re-boot am I correct in guessing you mean pressing the reset button on the control panel of the boiler ?

No the reset button does not help. I have to switch off power (at a switch on the wall) to the entire system and turn it on again. The boiler restart goes through "fh" stage which is an Air purge and then works (for 4 hours).

Thanks for that help!!

I am pretty sure I have resolved this now as the ignition lead, no continuity through the boot connector which is crazy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back