Ferroli or Ravenheat boiler from Stax?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i was hoping one of the boiler experts could advise me on what boiler to buy. Looking to fit new boiler, but boiler engineer tells me the ferroli, priced at £399.99 from Stax is not worth getting as apparently there have been a lot of problems with them and the manufacturers are not covering the faults under the guarantee. He says the supplier he gets them from has advised him that in the past month, 4 engineers have come back saying the boilers are faulty after fitting them, and Ferroli have not honoured the guarantee, even though all the guys are gas safe engineers.

However Stax do a Ravenheat Boiler, priced 459.99. Are Ravenheat a good make?

But then someone else tells me to go for a Biasi which are priced at £500 at local plumbing store. Are these guys just trying to get a bit more money or is what they say really true?

Sponsored Links
It seems amazing that you expect to buy a quality boiler for £400 with a full five year warrantee!

The Raven is a little better and they will honour the warrantee.

But the best cheapest boiler is the Biasi M269 model.

But my recommendation is solely for that particular model.

Its based on the very reliable M96 model which has been improved by a more efficient recouperator to enable it to be just over 90% which gets it into the Band A category.

Tony

You pay for what you get. Budget boilers sound great until they decide to pack up 12 months out of warranty, because they've been installed and commissioned poorly, and badly serviced if at all. And parts on budget boilers tend to be pricey. Get the best boiler you can afford with the longest, best supported warranty, and ensure a decent registered installer fits it. Careful and correct installation is the most important part for any boiler, budget or otherwise.

Ravenheat and you get a 3 year warranty.
You can extend the warranty up to 5 years.

Solid construction inside.

Sponsored Links
Yeah - Biasi were so good, even Ideal wanted to buy them.

rotfl4.gif
rotfl4.gif
rotfl4.gif
rotfl4.gif
rotfl4.gif

Oh mate, you tear me up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back