Ferroli Roma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
I have recently visited a Ferroli Roma which i am repairing free of charge for a colleage. I seem to have no gas present at the outlet of the valve and was wondering if anyone knew a test procedure i could follow.
Because it is a friend i want to make sure i dont incur any extra costs than i have to.

many thanks

Jasper

Sponsored Links
You don't appear to be qualified to work on gas - call a boiler engineer in.

I am a fully qualified corgi registered engineer, I specialize in installations and not boiler repairs.
I joined this site because i was told the people were helpful.
Is this the case?

I joined this site because i was told the people were helpful.
Is this the case?
Well yes but read your original post and I think you will get the same impression of not knowing anything regarding gas. If this was true then you were really given the best advise!

As a gas person would you not agree that in the name of safety that was in fact sound advise??

The Roma 55 (G.C. 41-267-05) is a permanant pilot model so do you have pilot lit or not? If no does it light while gas valve button is depressed?

Sponsored Links
Yes i agree, that would be first class and responsible advice if you think a person is not qualified.

There is no pilot lit, and does not light when gas valve button is depressed,
Fan is running and there is gas present on the inlet side, when gas valve button is depressed there is no gas present at the outlet side.
I was wondering if i had to replace the complete valve or wether i could strip it down and replace a component, I also wondered wether it may be a faulty overheat stat.

Thank you

jasper

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the reply will check for voltage this afternoon when i go back.

much appreciated

Jasper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back