consumer rights with new faulty Ferroli boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Gas Safe engineer installed a new Ferroli Domicondens F28 boiler. From the start it kept going into lock out and banging in the exchanger. He tried everything he knew but it wasnt right. Ferroli engineers have been out twice now and it is still locking out. The last one changed all the settings in the pcb and after he left it was worse than before. I am waiting for a visit from Ferroli again next monday.

I have no confidence at all in this boiler now. If it is not fixed properly after this next visit, am I in my rights to ask for a new boiler? Who pays for the removal and installation of the new one? I would be grateful for your views.

maidstone.

Sponsored Links
under consumer law your contract was with the installer. it's his (unfortunate) problem to supply what you paid for, i.e. a system which works. whatever it takes to supply that is his responsibility, and if the boiler is faulty he'll have to address that. it's all disruptive to you but it's not your problem to put it right.

Your Installer should contact Ferroli, and insist that the whole boiler be replaced, if I was him I would make sure I was in attendance when the Ferroli Engineer calls, the cost should be the responsibility of the installer, who in turn should claim the cost from the manufacturer if the boiler is at fault and can't be fixed, (perhaps he shopuld start installing better quality boilers?) :cry:

Sponsored Links
the op has not said whether or not the installer had supplied the boiler, if the op bought the unit and the installer was just paid to install it, not necessarily his responsibility if the unit is at fault, if its been fitted as per MI's what more can he do, if the installer has been paid "fit only" therefore no guarantee factored in the install price i would be reluctant to go back, but if that was the case i wouldn't have taken the job on and certainly woulnd,t fit a ferroli.

OP you need to contact consumer rights, could be covered under the supply of goods & services act, think thats the right title.[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back