Do Ferroli fix first time?

Your best bet with your needs, ie wanting a first time fix is to go with a boiler who's manufacturer uses mostly directly employed engineers. In which case I'd be looking at the big players such as Glowworm, Vaillant, Worcester, Baxi and Potterton. I used to be an engineer for Vaillant/Glowworm and first time fix was usually around 90-95% on all boilers and prob around 98% for in warranty stuff. I expect its the same for the others mentioned. Very few other companies use directly employed labour asfaik and therefore less likely to carry spares with them. I have heard terrible stories about Ferrolli backup, something you'll need cos the boilers are absolute garbage.

Sponsored Links
I think one of our forum colleagues who did Ferrolli warrantee repairs coined a lovely expression:-

"""I had to fix the boiler and then tiptoe out of the house in case the vibration triggered another fault!"""

guys are we looking at longterm solutions?
I think the maxima was the last half decent boiler ferroli made...possible even the modena.
In Glasgow i still see the Ferroli vans out and about so imagine they have direct labour. Most will recommend Valliant/Bosch.
I would think you should concider an Ariston Clas combi. Looks smart, good technical backup, very efficienct and good controls avalible to reduce the bills. Also customer service is good and comes with a 5 year warrenty so long as you have a service history but when a boilers new it makes sense to keep it tested and checked regularly

Ray

I ordered a fan from Parts Centre for a four year old Ariston condensing boiler last November!

I did enquire a month later but was told they are still waiting for it from Ariston.

The fan PCB had all burnt up!

I have never heard any more from Parts Centre and the customer has probably had someone fit a new boiler by now!

Not many engineers seem to rate that make very highly.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. Other than the attrocious picture that is portrayed of Ferroli's after sales service which has seriously put me off it is also interesting to get an idea of which manufacturers actually carry enough parts with them and are more likely to fix first time rather than have to come back. Maybe getting a picture of which manufacturers are able to fix on the first visit is an important piece of information to have on this forum as other customers may not have considered that aspect.

And as for British Gas, my experience is they have to look after so many different boilers that they can never hope to carry all the parts so any fix is always going to mean two appointments. The engineer mnight as well come on his bicycle for the first appointment and his van for the second.

So, Worcester Bosch..here I come, but keep any info coming on which manufacturers carry parts with them as it might help some poor hapless customer who reads this forum one day.

The J&S reno service engineers would probably carry the vast majority of parts for there condensing range , as they only make 3 models .

Heat only reno 3 outputs , systems reno 3 outputs & the combi reno 2 outputs !

WARNING

Edited on the 27th feb 2011 The Johnson & Starley reno boilers have proven to be the most unreliable boilers we have ever had the misfortune to use , a total disgrace !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back