Do Ferroli fix first time?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of buying a boiler and am nearly settled on a Ferroli but one thing that is really important to me is the after service.

Things break down, it happens, but if a Ferroli engineer comes to fix your boiler do they have the parts on their van to fix them first time or do they look at it on the first visit and then return the next day with the parts they need? My current potterton boiler is covered by British Gas and every time something goes wrong they always have to make 2 visits because they do not carry all the parts they need. Their engineers are really good and 2 shorter visits might be better for some customers but I am a single lady and I have to take a day off work for the appointment so I would prefer it if they can just come and fix it the first time.

I really want to know about Ferroli but what about other manufacturers too. Do they need carry all the parts they need or do they come back? This is a bit of an obscure question I know but it is actually one that is pretty important once you start to live with your chosen boiler!!! Am I going to be a Ferroli gal? :D

Sponsored Links
Are you choosing Ferroli because it's cheap? If so dont expect much of an after sales service.

If you want aftersales go for Baxi/Potterton or Worcester. Wont be as cheap as your ferroli though :D

Are you choosing Ferroli because it's cheap? If so dont expect much of an after sales service.

If you want aftersales go for Baxi/Potterton or Worcester. Wont be as cheap as your ferroli though :D

Sorry for hijacking the thread but this leads me to a question

If only a RGI can install a boiler how come Wickes can sell Ferroli to any Tom Dick and Harry ?

OP if money is tight go for an Ideal Logic +

Personally I would pick a boiler that will not break down that often, unfortunately Ferroli don't fit that bill

Sponsored Links
FFS don't get a Ferroli, I have fitted a few and wish I had never seen them, PLUS, only today the manager at my local City Plumbing where I have bought them all from tells me they are taking £120.00 off your credit card "before" going to warranty calls, you can guess the rest.

If only a RGI can install a boiler how come Wickes can sell Ferroli to any Tom Dick and Harry ?

Because gas safety is all about money, it was with corgi and it is with gassafe, we fill their pockets with money, we fill assesment centers pockets with money which will be taxed, and then any **** can do gas work and then get nothing until "AFTER" something happens.

Because gas safety is all about money, it was with corgi and it is with gassafe, we fill their pockets with money, we fill assesment centers pockets with money which will be taxed, and then any **** can do gas work and then get nothing until "AFTER" something happens.

Sounds like Part P in my game

Sorry to hear that :cry:

Sorry! I honestly searched the forum first to see if this point had been asked before but could not find this particular question. I did not want to start boiler wars although it is really interesting to see what you say about the boilers, it's the first time on this forum for me!

I saw lots of points arguing the merits of various boilers so much so that I am seriously wobbling on the Ferroli issue now! I'd still like to know though if anyone out there has an idea if Ferroli engineers will have the parts already on the van or would do 2 visits? It's just that I prefer to use my annual leave doing things I like such as riding my Fireblade rather than siting at home waiting for the engineer to come back! ;)

But also those brands that some of you say are not going to break down as much in the first place like Worcester and Ideal? Do they always have the parts they need first time? Who else is there and what do they do too?

No engineer, whether they are independent or work for a manufacturer can carry every spare for every boiler they repair (we drive vans normally not artics) If it's a common part that is faulty then you have a good chance they will have it on the van, otherwise don't expect miracles

Don't think ferroli employ direct labour for repairs ?? there is or was a ferroli agent in the CC ?? have seen several complaints & comments on here I think & in other places about the delay it takes for ferroli to get spares ? dealt with em years ago , not any more though , pretty dire bunch IMHO !!

No they are one of the few companys who garentee it to 5uck up straight out of the box!

Avoid like the plauge!

blatantfowl";p="1872104 said:
I am thinking of buying a boiler and am nearly settled on a Ferroli but one thing that is really important to me is the after service.

an exerpt from:

http://www.combiboilerguide.co.uk/boiler/ferroli-optimax-he-31-c-boiler

By Tom Dudson on 12 Feb 10
Householder rating: 1/5

My Optimax HE31C broke down 11 months after fitting and I had no heating or hot water.It took an age to get through to their service department (20 calls ahead of me) and I was told that the earliest time to get an engineer to call was in 10 days time. Ferroli literature says they expect to have an engineer with you within 72 hours.On the ninth day they phoned me to say it would be a further 4 days before an engineer could call.When he did call he failed to fix it and did not return for a further 3 days when it was finally fixed. I was without heating or hot water for 2 weeks in the middle of winter.I wrote to the service manager to ask for compensation and received an acknowledgement letter saying the matter would be investigated and he would respond as soon as possible. It is now 3 months later and I have not had a response despite several phone calls, an e-mail and a further letter to them. During my last phone call I demanded to speak to the Service Manager and was told that the only way to contact him was by letter. I said I had sent 2 letters and an e-mail and was told there was nothing else they could do. Ferroli after sales service is abysmal and I would never recommend their products to anyone.

I'd still like to know though if anyone out there has an idea if Ferroli engineers will have the parts already on the van or would do 2 visits

They don't carry parts on the van as they don't have any vans because they don't have any engineers. So you won't have to worry about 2 visits or even 1 visit.

If you're determined to have a Ferroli get a Lambourghini boiler. You'll probably still be cold but at least you'll have something nice to look at while you're waiting for the non-existent engineers to come out to it

Your best bet with your needs, ie wanting a first time fix is to go with a boiler who's manufacturer uses mostly directly employed engineers. In which case I'd be looking at the big players such as Glowworm, Vaillant, Worcester, Baxi and Potterton. I used to be an engineer for Vaillant/Glowworm and first time fix was usually around 90-97%. I expect its the same for the others mentioned. Very few other companies use directly employed labour asfaik and therefore less likely to carry spares with them. I have heard terrible stories about Ferrolli backup, something you'll need cos the boilers are absolute garbage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back