Ferroli Stainless Steel Unvented system expansion vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Question regarding to why the pressure vessel was flat please

Would i nats cock of a leak were the union is not level on the pipework shown in the pic cause the expansion vessel to lose pressure? the vessel was completly flat last week but have pumped back up and restesting a week later its dropped say 6 psi now maybe the valve did not settle just dont know.

I will re-aline the union if its needed it looks like its nearly sealed itself just seems damp more than leaking dont know what to do? leave it or sort it not sure on the procedure to safley correct it im not scared of having ago just need pointing in the correct direction.

Long story but this is my 3rd system tank due to a rusty union on the top of the 2 tanks and the tank they fitted that day also leaked somewere else oh well.

A enginner came to do a check or (datum) of yet another rust spot on a union to see if it gets bigger seems strange how last time they changed it striaght away, anyway while putting stuff back in the airing cupboard once he gone i noticed the leak mark in the pic below :eek:

Thanks for your help

002-1.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

Lee

Sponsored Links
Leak on the union will have nothing to do with ex vessel losing pressure (leak on heating side) , did you check pressure with ex vessel removed/cylinder partially drained? , if not then you may encounter different readings due to hot water expansion , maybe pressure reducing valve has failed which could cause premature failure to vessel diaphram.

Sponsored Links
Hi gasafenineer,

Thanks for the reply i never removed the expansion vessel it was has seen in the pic, i see what you mean with the false readings, i will keep an eye on it and see what happens over the next few weeks.

Thanks for your time ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back