Ferrolli He 26C life span???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just had main heat exchanger diagnosed as split on a Ferrolli He 26C combi boiler in a rental property.

The boiler is nearly 5 yrs old and this the first time its gone significantly wrong - looks like the HE is £350 ish for part alone

At 5 years old should I be binning this boiler and buying a new one?!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
somewhat predictable replies! looks like a Worcs 25i is going in Friday.:)

Never understand why landlords continually fit shiite boilers, then complain they don't last long or break down a lot. It's a very short-sighted strategy

Muggles couldnt agree more, I didnt put it in..

Dan, thought the Worcs boiler was decent, why not a Worcs and what would you advise?

Wooshitter are a perfect example of marketing over substance.

Intergas, if you want to keep the price down, use the Rapid. If you want total piece of mind, Eco RF with inTouch.

it puts me off having a boiler thats not mainstream as the city where the house is located is hell to get a heating engineer out and a boiler fixed quickly.

edit
so I've just googled Intergas installers Gloucs and a firm comes up thats got a good reputation. I've phoned them and asked about Intergas and although she said they would quote for one they would prefer to install Worcs and mentioned that those come with 10 yr warranty so better for landlords. She really wasnt interested in pushing the Intergas. Its vital for me that if a tenants combi goes down I can get it fixed quickly by someone who wants to work on it.

Last edited:
It's up to you. But Wooshitter give out better presents to their loyal installers.

Both boilers have 10 year warranty and on the odd occasion I've needed warranty calls, it's been next day.

As a landlord, I'd want there to be a lower chance of needing a visit.

fair enough didnt see that Intergas gave long warranties. If I could find an installer thats sold on them and can do this swap quickly then would go with them. Trouble is in middle of winter I'm in the installers hands as everyone is so busy and most of them woudnt be able to install anything quickly it seems..... and meanwhile tenants boiler is DHW only at the moment.

It's up to you. But Wooshitter give out better presents to their loyal installers.

And some manufacturers market their product as being more than 100% efficient but then do not explain in detail how this impossibility is achieved.

They do admit that the greater than 100% figure is the result of mathmatical manipulation ( seasonal adjustment ) of the actual figures of efficiency. what is necessry to know is the actual efficiency of the boiler.

Do shut up Bernard.

You still haven't explained how your imaginary friend calculated boiler efficiency without measuring flue gases and condensate volume/distribution.

I done suppose you've contacted the relevant test house for the various methodologies?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back