Ferrolli He 26C life span???

You still haven't explained how your imaginary friend calculated boiler efficiency without measuring flue gases and condensate volume/distribution.

Why don't you speak up and give the actual efficiency.

The calculation of true efficiency requires only :-

(1) Heat energy available in the fuel consumed
(2) Heat energy transfered into the fluid ( the water )

and is best expressed as Coefficient of Performance ( COP ) ,

Calculation is COP = (2) divided by (1)

The perfect boiler would have a COP of 1

The results of boiler testing. The boilers being used in the way that the boilers would be used in a domestic hot water sytem. Testing by the Building Research Establishment on a range of different boilers.

bre tapping efficiency_1.jpg

Sponsored Links
back to ferrolli - whos buying these things? usually when you produce a crap product the market eventually catches up with you and you end up selling less and less...

And as I explained before, Bernard, based on working with the bre first hand on a project, I wouldn't trust their input as far as I could throw them.

And those usage figures look like total booloocks.

fair enough didnt see that Intergas gave long warranties. If I could find an installer thats sold on them and can do this swap quickly then would go with them. Trouble is in middle of winter I'm in the installers hands as everyone is so busy and most of them woudnt be able to install anything quickly it seems..... and meanwhile tenants boiler is DHW only at the moment.

Where in Gloucestershire, nearest town? I might know someone, or might even be interested myself depending on location - you're possibly on the edge of my area.

Intergas only have 4 moving parts, fear fewer than Woofter, so there's inherently less to go wrong, and within the warranty period you'll have the brilliant Neil looking after you :)

I called both Intergas and Worcester (twice) out last year. Intergas took 3 hours to attend after my customer managed to take a vital part of the boiler I was installing to the tip. Not a warranty issue, but they didn't charge me a penny. The first call to Worcester was to a 3 month old boiler with a dead PCB. They took 2.5 days to attend. The second was to an out of warranty boiler which I referred to them for a fixed price repair as I thought it would be cheaper and quicker for them to fix it than me. They turned up 2 days later, refused the job and charged my customer a call out fee.

I know which one of those I prefer....

Sponsored Links
And those usage figures look like total booloocks.

So does 122% (hi) unless there is an explanation of the (hi) modifier.

The BRE figures fit with other sources.

Can you say how much the Intergas heat exchanger weighs ?. be interesting to work out how many joules are need to raise the temperature of the aluminium mass by 40°C.

Where in Gloucestershire, nearest town? I might know someone, or might even be interested myself depending on location - you're possibly on the edge of my area.

Intergas only have 4 moving parts, fear fewer than Woofter, so there's inherently less to go wrong, and within the warranty period you'll have the brilliant Neil looking after you :)

I called both Intergas and Worcester (twice) out last year. Intergas took 3 hours to attend after my customer managed to take a vital part of the boiler I was installing to the tip. Not a warranty issue, but they didn't charge me a penny. The first call to Worcester was to a 3 month old boiler with a dead PCB. They took 2.5 days to attend. The second was to an out of warranty boiler which I referred to them for a fixed price repair as I thought it would be cheaper and quicker for them to fix it than me. They turned up 2 days later, refused the job and charged my customer a call out fee.

I know which one of those I prefer....

Its Gloucester itself, its sorted now, a Worcs is going in tomorrow. If I'd had a positive response locally to my enquiry re. intergas this morning it might have been different. Trouble is I'm dealing with local people who I have to rely on and someone putting this thing in so quickly and efficiently is gold dust when you have a tenant with 2 small kids. I think at home I'd have done differently as happy to be without the boiler for a week etc

Oh well, you can lead a horse to fresh water, but you can't stop him drinking the muddy puddle...

dont know what realistically you would have expected me to do under the circumstances?? often you cant get someone to answer the phone let alone install a boiler in the middle of winter within a week....

Well I offered to find you an installer...I know someone in Gloucester who could have done it. Not to worry

Can you be more specific? There's 5 of them.

Lets take the middle sized one. What I intend is to calculate the thermal mass between the flame and the DHW coil.

As the thermal mass between the flame and the DHW coil includes the thermal mass of the water in the CH coil it would help to have accurate dimensions of the CH water ways as the CH water will absorb a significant amount of heat compared to the amount absorbed by the aluminium block.

twin circuit slab.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back