What Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, second post on this topic.I have a Chafatoux et Maury Celtic Plus that has stopped producing hot water, which I think may be the flow valve. At a guess I expect it would cost near £200 to repair, and as it is old and makes some nasty noises I was thinking it was more sensible to replace it.

I'm not sure what new boiler to get.
It has to be a cheaper one, ideally under £650, so a Vaillant and Worcester are out of question. It's for a rental property as well.

The ones I'm looking at are these:

Glow Worm Betacom 30
Ferrolli Optimax 31
Baxi Combi 105 HE
Biasi Garda HE 28

In a previous post people suggested the Glow Worm Ultracom 30, but this is £773 including Flu which is more than I ideally want to pay.
The boiler in the property at present is a 24kw, and seeing as all the hot water is used for is washing up and the very occasional bath I suppose I could go with a smaller boiler (4 bedrooms, 2 reception, kitchen and bathroom).

Basically after best of cheapies, so any advice, suggestions would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Generally the cheaper the boiler the more expensive the parts. What you save now you will pay in the future.
They will all break down at some point, even the expensive ones.
I'd probably pick the Baxi too from that lot.

Sponsored Links
Generally the cheaper the boiler the more expensive the parts. What you save now you will pay in the future.
Cheers for replies.
Searching the forums I get the gist that they can all break down, just some more than others!
The Baxi sounds good and was recommended by my brothers plumber who swears by them.

105HE, robust band b boiler.

personnaly id stay away from the logic as well.

well why is that then? have you installed one or even seen one? if so id be supprised if you would still stay clear of them if you had!

Course ive seen one.

dont think they're anything special,the little poxy display is naff,the square hex is pants,they look cheap(they are) oh and with ideals precvious reputation of good quality boilers(i can only name one that was credible).

even the offer of a free logic with a bundle of 15 and 22 at just over £600 notes isnt appealing.

baxi 105HE all day long,£550 on a boiler,flue and clock pack.

The Baxi sounds good and was recommended by my brothers plumber who swears by them.

Most others would swear AT them!

Statistically you would find the Biasi Band B will be the most reliable boiler if fitted to a clean system and if you can get an earlier one at B&Q with the brass hydraulic blocks.

The later ones are also reliable but have plastic bits like those other boilers.

Tony

Hi, just to add one more into the equation, what about the:

PERFORMA 30 ECO HE COMBI?

Alright for that part of the Market.

Tony being a biasi service agent obviously like onlyfitideals will push they're product.

My advice,stay away from biasi,heatline,ravenheat,ideal,Ferolli.

In which case how about the Johnson & Starley Reno 30 , combi , incidentally the biasi garda would be from B&Q ??? if u are retired , or have an oap freind or relative , x% discount on a wednesday ??? I think ?????? the betacom is the same as a Vizo heatline , I think????????
discount on a wednesday ???? u might be advisedto take note of what ICGS has said , fitted all of those boiler's exception of later \Ideals !!

WARNING edited 27th feb 2011 , The Johnson & Starley Reno boilers have proven to be the most unreliable boilers we have ever had the misfortune to install a total disgrace really ! I apologise :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back