Ferrroli Optima 701

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
My first post and sorry its a request for help as opposed to offering some.

The above boiler works as it should for hot water but is causing problems with the c/h,
It was working ok last year and we set the timer to give heating twice a day as the property is unoccupied at present.

I noticed that the heating didnt come on so turned the control to heating continuous, still nothing so turned the stat up on the boiler and lo and behold it fires up and the rads start to get hot, 5 mins later and it switches off. nothing would get it to fire up again.

Timer is set correctly, system is at 1.3 bar, it will allways fire up for hot water.

If I go to it now and switch it to call for c/h I will hear the fan start running and nothing else, turning the stat now does no good.

Mike

Sponsored Links
It's worth swapping over both thermistors before you do anything else....you could try to swap the connectors over to see if the problem changes.

Yep, downloaded the specs and identified them so will have a look on the w'end and report back

Mike

-Ok, been up to the boiler today and switched it on to c/h and it worked ,typical, so switched it of and tried again by switching to c/h continuous, fan came on but no heating, took the cover off and observed the led's in this situation..

main power led on
calling for heat on
temp sensor off
demand relay off

I then swopped the connectors on the temp sensors and the following was the scenario with the c/h

Switched to c/h continuous and the boiler fired up and the led's were as follows

main power on
call for heat on
temp sensor on
demand relay on

With the temp sensor wires swopped I tried the hot water and all led's were lit as per the fault sheets but the hot water was nil so figure I will get a couple of new sensors as the part sheet gives the same pt no for them,

This make sense?
Mike

Sponsored Links
This make sense?

It does make sense yes, but the bit about turning to continuous suggests that there may be a faulty timer as well. When these go wrong, the light comes on on the front to indicate CH but the relay inside doesn't switch.
Wires 1 and 2 on the timer are for 240v power to the timer.
Link the other 2 wires together and if the boiler lights [after you put the thermistor in] then you need a new one.

Ah many thanks for the reply, No probs with the timer, the only reason I switched to c/h continuous was that it was easier than setting the timer and waiting for it to 'happen', The timer itself does work as it should.

Hows the weather in your part of the world?
I ask as I spend time on Mumbai high

Mike

Hows the weather in your part of the world?
I live in Middlesbrough so its much the same crap weather as in Leeds. Theres the same smell of curry in the air though. Most on here have a union flag but I think the Pakistan one is prettier

Many thanks to all for help.
Got part mailed next day , been over to the house, power off depressurise system old part out , new in repressurise system, fire up boiler and run through all progammes and all working 100%

Again many thanks
Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back