Festool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any experience of these tools, I am looking at their cordless screwdriver and wondering if it is worth the price tag.

Any replies would be gratefully received :)

Sponsored Links
a lad that i trained up has just gone into selling these products. he went on his own plastering a few years back but couldn't hack it.

so now i'm due a demo' any day. :D

we are still good friends and he keeps in touch regularly. he tells me these tools are mind blowing. innovative and unique.

apparently they are all boxed in such a way that the boxes can all join together. very difficult to nick.

watch this space.........:cool:

apparently they are all boxed in such a way that the boxes can all join together. very difficult to nick.

NOTHING is difficult to nick, especially with tools as good as these.

Sponsored Links
our local DIPT pro trade are always pushing them but they do have a hefty price tag. lets hope you get what you pay for.

Most of our tools (wooden floor fitters) are from Festool - excellent stuff.

I would say that Festool are (arguably) the best quality power tools on the market.

However, imho, they are only really worth the (extortionate) cost if you you use them all day, every day.

As for stealabilty, I would say they are more nickable, not only cos everyone knows they are expensive but cos the boxes are bright GREEN! :confused:

Thanks for the info guys, I am tempted but as pointed out they could become a target :( and I would be gutted at losing a tool of that value.

Near to me 10 vans were robbed in one afternoon in broad daylight, all outside customers houses, all within a half mile radius :eek:

Mate of mine, a gardener, lost all his kit for the second time in 6 months. :evil: He has now had to put plans for a summer holiday on hold to fork out (sorry no pun intended) for £3k of new kit :cry:

hi peeps just to add my two pence worth,feestool tools are the best on the market ive owned a 1/4 router for the last 12 years and the only thing that went wrong with it was about 4 years ago when the variable speed control switch went awol,50 quid for a new one,if i could afford it i would change all my tools over to them,ive had a van broken into and lost a few tools when i was on a site b****y annoying and all the old bill done was give me a crime number,BUT i never leave my power tools in a van over night.

We have a Festool sander, excellent bit of kit, on the heavy side but well worth the price tag.

Festool are very high quality. They are for precision and many woodworkers use them. They are not the sort you use for dilling holes around sites.

I would call them craftsman's tools to be used in workshops, rather than builders tools. On site craftsmen use them, the sort who do panelling.

I believe they are not that robust. They don't bounce as well as others.

doitwell,yep i would leave my tools in a van if i had all of those things insitu,but i didnt when i was a subby,van vaults were a new idea and were out of my pocket when i first started on the tools(im a carpenter).

i was recommended my router by another chippy and when i had a go on it i found it to very ergonomic in the way it felt and with the soft start eliminated the kick you normally get with a router,your probably right about them being for the craftsman for thats what i am :D ;) i own 3 routers and still use the festo the most.

I used a biscuit joiner of theirs for a large project and it was top quality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back