fiat scudo ,citroen dispatch,peugeot expert Any good ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thinking of buying one of these (not the newest model)

Anyone had any experience with any of these vans

Sponsored Links
Ive got Citroen Dispatch...best van I've ever had get the 2.0 turbo diesel...its got plenty of poke and to quote the handbook ''goes like **** off a shovel''

One thing you must check though...and thoroughly,...the exhaust...they are a known common week spot and can be costly.

Otherwise they are a really good drive..comfortable and roomy.

I'd have another.

I have the Italian version of these vans ie. with the Fix It Again Tomorrow (FIAT) badge.
Had it a year, its a 54 reg. Apart frm a leaking PAS pipe, no problem. Its the 2.0 JTD/HDI version, similar fuel economy to the 1.9, but having a turbo its much quicker.
Bought it for £5000, but waited a while for this one, as it has all the toys - slver metallic, aircon, elec windows and mirrors, fogs, heated mirrors and rear windows.
The main advantage with these vans is that they all have sliding doors on both sides - very useful. They also have a double passenger seat.
Must be good vans, there's 1000s of them out there.

Had an Expert since 1998 145,000 miles. Just a bit soft on rear suspension when you have weight in it.

Sponsored Links
Got an 05 Dispatch. It's been fine so far. 1.9 is definitely a slow-poke though.

my mate has one and the exhaust was blowing so went to ats and they said you need a full system its all in one.
so i rang another mate who's a branch manager at another tyre exhaust place for a discount and he said we can just cut off the back box and buy the new back to fit the rest of the system
so if you get told the same point out you don't need the full system

my mate has one and the exhaust was blowing so went to ats and they said you need a full system its all in one.
so i rang another mate who's a branch manager at another tyre exhaust place for a discount and he said we can just cut off the back box and buy the new back to fit the rest of the system
so if you get told the same point out you don't need the full system

Exactly what they did on mine...ATS are murder for that.

I paid 80 for the back half...quick fit (up) wanted about 500 hundred.. :eek:

i picked up a mint 1998 turbo diesel fiat scudo in white, last year with...
full new exhaust
reconditioned gearbox
4 new tyres
full tax & test
for £1100 :eek:

and i have completely fallin in love with it ! out of all the vans new & old from all the company's in the past 10 years this is the BEST !

i will definitely get a younger version later this year, purely for reliability.

I am also thinking of getting one of these, really want a transporter but not sure the budget will stretch that far. Can you get a piece of 1800x900 plaster board in the Fiat/citroen?

Thanks

No probs with that size plasterboard.

had my scudo for 4 months now and well pleased. Not as roomy as my old hyundai but i just downsized. the 1.9 is a bit slow but hey i'm just a laid back Lenny now-a-days anyway. Good on juice but they are notorious for being broken into so had slam shuts on all the rear doors, bulkheads and rear window grilles, gotta be done, and this probably explains why it's so slow!
But can anyone help me out with a particular problem. The previous owner obviously was a Billy No Mates and took their dog to work with them. I'm no dog hater but always seems an odd habit although probably a lot cheaper than the slam locks!! Trouble is it stinks of pooch and when you crank the heater up it you gotta open the window. I've just had my right ear amputated due to frostbite! Any one know of anything other than repeatedly washing it all down and bulk amounts of Febreeze, i'm getting dodgy looks from wino,s now too :oops: Mines a 1.9D 54 does anyone know if this year/model came with key fob locking and any one have a number for getting a replacement if they do.

there is a machine for getting rid of tobacco smoke in second hand cars.

try it on the van, should work. i saw it in a Nissan dealers garage, it fills the cabin of the car with a mist/smoke similar to the smell of a new car, then leave it working for a few hours. over here its £30.00 a go.

We have a number of Fiat Scudos for our service engineers and we're moving away from them because of the high number of breakdowns/part failures. Getting a bunch of new Transits shortly to replace them.

Sponsored Links
Back