fibre glass flat roof cracking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody, an help would be helpful , I’ve had my flat roof replaced twice now and reboarded but after 18 months it’s started showing cracks and splits already , any ideas why this could be happening ? Im at my wits end with it Thankyou
upload_2019-1-27_18-0-41.jpeg
upload_2019-1-27_18-0-50.jpeg
upload_2019-1-27_18-1-45.jpeg
upload_2019-1-27_18-1-45.jpeg
upload_2019-1-27_18-0-50.jpeg
upload_2019-1-27_18-0-41.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I know you said fibreglass roofing in the title but is this the standard GRP roofing or something else (do you have a product name?), and is this a white or light grey finish it's hard to tell with the light, reason I ask is you don't see a lot of white GRP roofs kicking around.

If it's a standard GRP fibreglass roof the topcoat could have been applied too thick (which would explain why you don't see any fibre print through in the pictures) or the system/roof hasn't been correctly installed to cope with the thermal expansion and contraction, what's the size of the roof? Did they board over the existing surface or lay the system on fresh decking?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back