Fibre/rubber washer toilet connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If using a service valve or a no62. To pipe up a toilet. Has anyone started using the flat 1/2inch plastic washers that come with hep2o tap connectios. Instead of fibre washers. Have had a few problems with fibre washers splitting on service valves after say 5 to 10 years. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Very rare to have had a fibre washer go on me TBH. In fact I can only remember once when it happened and that was on an old grey HEP connector. The rubber washers on the newer HEP/JG connectors are fine but haven't seen packs of them.

Only packs I've seen of rubber washers, in passing, are the ones from TS, that are similar to say a pack of fibre washers.

23104.jpg

Thanks the hep2o connectors come with cone shaped washers and a flat one separately that comes in packs. Or at least they do at the merchants I was in. They seem to fit perfectly on brass service vales.

Sponsored Links
Has anyone started using the flat 1/2inch plastic washers that come with hep2o tap connectios. Instead of fibre washers.

As above, no, never really caused me any problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back