hep2o tap connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do the rubbers in hep2o tap connectors seal up ok after undoing to replace a toilet fill valve. When it was fibre washers I used to swap them. Not sure about these. Thanks for any advise.

Sponsored Links
Rubber washers can more often than not be re used as long as they are in good condition on tap connectors. But makes sense to have replacement on hand before taking apart ,to be on the safe side.

I have never tried to be honest ,not a big fan of plastic push fit on supply pipework ,of any brand. But its only a 1/2 inch washer ( or 3/4 if bath taps) at the end of the day.

Sponsored Links
The one piece Hep2o ‘hand-Titan” come with a flat washer, the brass nut swivel type comes with a rubber tapered washer fitted but you should also get a loose flat washer with it (merchants very rarely remember to give them out)
The reason for the two washers is to cover all types of tap tails, some have a square end (flat washer) others have a tapered internal bore (tapered washer).
The rubber washers can become damaged if over tightened, don’t wind the nuts up too much. Get new ones if you can, if re-using inspect for any splits or nicks.

thanks its the one with the brass nut I need the washer for so the tapered one maybe. What size loose flat washer am I best off getting then?

thanks its the one with the brass nut I need the washer for so the tapered one maybe. What size loose flat washer am I best off getting then?

Depends on the tail, flat or tapered.

Flat Tap Connector Washers – Rubber
Conical Tap Connector Washers – Rubber

Both types available as a spare part, but in packs of 20, so may be cheaper to buy a new fitting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back