Fibres showing through old bay window roof felt, asbestos?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Freaking out a bit as to what these are, jumped up onto the roof to fit a cctv camera and noticed these popping through where the old felt / tar adhesive has worn away. Bedroom window is just above and worried these might be asbesdos fibres. They do look may a bit big, possibly fibreglass?? Would appreciate any advice
Screenshot_20210801-163358_Gallery.jpg
20210801_163005.jpg

Sponsored Links
Jonnys88, good evening.

Could be??? fiberglass?? fiber board??? even fiber reinforced felt??

As for "ASBESTOS" ?? you cannot see the Asbestos fibers that damage your lungs, as an aside, in a Domestic setting the Asbestos found is generally Chrysotyle, and is called White Asbestos, which is the least dangerous of these materials.

Suggest you consider a re-felting of this roof?? not looking too healthy??

Ken.

Jonnys88, good evening.

Could be??? fiberglass?? fiber board??? even fiber reinforced felt??

As for "ASBESTOS" ?? you cannot see the Asbestos fibers that damage your lungs, as an aside, in a Domestic setting the Asbestos found is generally Chrysotyle, and is called White Asbestos, which is the least dangerous of these materials.

Suggest you consider a re-felting of this roof?? not looking too healthy??

Ken.

Thanks for that, I'll be honest I've got major ocd about asbestos! I don't think it's too much of a threat being outside albeit below the window. Yeah it definitely needs re felting, it's a rented property though so doubt it will get done any time soon. Just made me think when I saw the white fibres, didn't know if you can see Asbestos if lots of fibres clumped together etc.. thank you for the reply

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back