FIESTA DEAD. IMMOBILIZER?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: Please can anybody help? I have a P plate 1.25 Ghia X automatic fiesta. Drove it fine the other day, no problems at all. Yesterday, heard (from the outside) a constant clicking / tapping noise. Tried to start it and not even display lights come on,completely dead. Only red light where clock and radio working. Tried a 'jump' from mates car and nothing. Is this an immobilizer fault? I don't know what to do - desperately looking for any help as dreading the possibilty of having to pay huge amount to fix it - ford said they'll look at it,but after i've paid them to collect it! :cry:

Sponsored Links
sounds like the battery is duff to me,when you hooked up the jump leads and turned on the ignition did the dash lights etc come on?

No,the jump had no effect. no lights or anything. i've been back to the car since and the tapping/clicking noise I mentioned only happens when doors locked,not a sound when unlocked.

id check all the connections are clean and tight at the battery first,also the earth cable from battery to chassis is secure

Sponsored Links
Could be the "ignition main circuits relay(yellow/green) on the facia fuse board. Check fuse No. 18 (ignition fuse) first, on the same board.

;)

Back